In Bilbao Airport there are 5 car rental companies. Their offices are located in the lobby of the P1 Parking Building, level 0, which is connected to the level 0 of the passenger terminal by an underground passage 100 meters long.
All car rental companies have a large fleet of rental vehicles, so you can choose the one that suits you according to your needs and for the time you need, and you can return it at the point of delivery that suits you.
They also have extras of all kinds (GPS, Wi-Fi, baby seats, etc.), which will allow you to move more comfortably.
If during your stay in Bilbao you have rented a vehicle in an office other than the airport, you can also return it at the airport's office.
Due to the health emergency in Covid-19, the car rental offices may vary their opening hours.
Car rental offices at Bilbao airport
Special 15% off
Online payment up to 20% off
Enterprise Rent-A-Car at Bilbao airport
General parking building P1, level 0.
From 8am to 21pm.
Car rental parking
Bilbao airport has a specific parking for the delivery and return of vehicle rental. This car park is located near the Passenger Terminal.
The parking for rental cars is free of fee.
Cars that park in these places without the corresponding permit will be removed by the crane, and the cost of the crane must also be paid for.
The requirements to rent a car in Spain depend on the type of vehicle you want to rent. These are the minimum conditions of most car rental companies.
- Minimum driver age of 1 year. The characteristics of the permit must correspond to those of the vehicle to be rented.
- Spanish drivers must present the driving license in order and without serious penalties.
- Foreign drivers can present an international driver's license - provided it is valid in Spain - and in force.
- Drivers of all nationalities will also be asked for personal identification (DNI) or passport and a valid payment method, usually a credit card.
- For drivers under 25, both in Spain and in many other countries, companies impose a surcharge for drivers under that age. In the Spanish peninsula and the Balearic Islands these fees charges range between 8 and 25 euros for a day of rental and driver; In the Canary Islands it is somewhat more expensive. Some car models are restricted to drivers over 25 years old.
Insurance and coverage
In a basic car rental, third party insurance, vehicle theft and damage coverage are usually included. If you want to expand coverage, add these services in the additional options when you are booking.
The term franchise refers to the fact that, when damage due to accident or negligence occurs, the contractor will only pay the car repair costs up to the amount stipulated in the franchise, and the insurance company will pay everything else until the total amount of the repair. The customer who does not want this limitation on coverage may pay a small surcharge along with the daily rental amount that will complete the insurance of his rental vehicle.